Toyota and BMW have been tight-lipped about their upcoming collaboration, but car enthusiasts and blogger were able to squeeze information about their latest models. Let us take a look at some of the best features of new models dubbed as the Toyota Supra and BMW Z5.
According to Car and Driver, the BMW Z4 needs to have a replacement while there is also a need for Toyota to make a successor to the iconic Supra which was put on a hold for more than ten years. What a good news it is that they have finally decided to come up with a new sports car- which would neither be Japanese nor German.
Sourced from Austrian newspaper Klein Zeitung, the car blog revealed that the automakers are planning to roll out 60,000 of the two-door annually in 2018. Canadian-owned Magna Steyr will take care of the production.
So what might be the best features of Toyota Supra and BMW Z5? Check out the details below:
- The purported BMW Z5 which carries the internal code G29 will be larger than its predecessor. It has been made larger to reportedly compromise with Toyota Supra for smaller convertible models.
- However, the upcoming BMW model will not be heavier than the Z4.According to the website, it will keep the cloth-roof roadster layout.
- The BMW Z5 will also have a coupe version. As per source, it might sport both four- and six-cylinder power could have a performance-oriented hybrid system for improved acceleration numbers.
- The model in the making that has an existing turbocharged 3.0-liter family would include variations of inline six-cylinder engines. Meanwhile, the four-cylinder engine goes to the next generation of BMW's 2.0-liter unit.
- On the other hand, Toyota Supra will also use the four-cylinder engine but it will be from BMW.
- Toyota Supra's higher engine will sport an " an all-new twin-turbo V-6, code-named 943F and allegedly making around 400 horsepower and 300 lb-ft of torque."
In the end, BMW Blog believes that it is a smart move from both of the car companies. Let us wait for future updates regarding the forthcoming Toyota Supra and BMW Z5.