As 2014 winds down, the auto industry takes a collective pause before the winter auto show season arrives. We're preparing for a bevy of new iron—and steel, and aluminum, etc.—to debut in the upcoming year, and the first glimpse will come at the North American International Auto Show held in Detroit.
As information slowly leaks out about what's in store for the upcoming year, we're getting a clearer picture of what to expect on the show floor. Here are five cars and trucks we're excited to see next month in Detroit:
5. 2016 Toyota Tacoma: Toyota will at last present a modern successor to its midsize pickup truck, and not a moment too soon.
4. 2016 Nissan Titan: Steel-bodied, and with an optional diesel engine, the 2016 Titan pickup truck will be a noteworthy debut.
3. 2016 Audi Q7: Audi's lighter, sleeker, and more tech-focused sport-utility vehicle will take the stage at Cobo Center.
2. Ford GT successor? Will we see a follow-up to Ford's racing-inspired supercar?
1. 2016 Acura NSX: After literally years of waiting, we're hoping that this two-door sports coupe blows the doors off its competition.