Despite rumors floating around what's next for Anderson Cooper, it seems like the esteemed journalist will still be staying to where he is right now.
According to The Washington Post, Cooper has already agreed to renew his contract with news network CNN. With this, speculations of him finally crossing over to WABC-TV's "Live with Kelly" might finally be put on hold.
Cooper has been noted to be frequenting morning show for quite some time now, serving as the Ripa's co-host. Since then, hearsays have been rising about Cooper's transfer.
It can be remembered that back in 2012, Ripa already had already eyed for Cooper as her partner for the longtime running show but ABC network executives convinced her to have Michael Strahan instead.
Now that Strahan has permanently vacated the position as he moves over to ABC's Good Morning America, Cooper's entry would have been perfect timing.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Cooper already has informed his Anderson 360 crew of the news. He is said to have approached Ripa as well about his stay with CNN. Despite this, he is still on deck to fill in co-hosting duties as he is bound to appear on the show on Oct. 12.
As of now, Cooper will still continue with his stint at CNN and included in that would be the continuation of his regular pieces over at NBC's "60 Minutes". He is also set to moderate the upcoming second debate between presidential candidates Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump with ABC anchor Martha Raddatz on Oct. 9.
Meanwhile, Ripa is still in search of co-hosts for "Live with Kelly." Auditions are still ongoing, but there have been potential candidates in mind which includes actors Fred Savage and Neil Patrick Harris. As of now, Harris has reportedly said that he is not interested in doing the show full-time.