Google's self-driving car was involved in another incident recently on the hills of California, yet, once again, the autonomous car wasn't at fault.
Google co-founder Sergey Brin said to shareholders on Wednesday that another one of its self-driving cars had been rear-ended during the past week, bringing the total number of vehicles involved in incidents since 2009 to 12, according to the Associated Press.
Brin, who heads Google's self-driving program, made the statement in response to a question asked by Consumer Watchdog during the shareholder's meeting.
The executive added that while Google's self-driving car has never been at fault in the accidents, it has no plans to release collision reports, to protect other motorists involved.
"Our greatest learning is that people don't pay attention, even trained drivers," Brin said during the meeting. "The other three were situations where the car was not driving itself, we were at a stop light or we were sideswiped."
In May, Google announced that its self-driving vehicles had been involved in 11 incidents since it started the self-driving program six years ago. The search giant only felt compelled to release that data after an Associated Press report was released confirming that three collisions had taken place in California since September.
"I'm very proud of the record of our cars," said Brin during the meeting. "We don't claim to be perfect, our goal is to beat human drivers."
Google is trying to get a production self-driving car on the road by 2020. So far, test cars have covered more than 1.7 million miles since the program began, according to the AP.