A suicide bomber killed four people this week in a residential district of southern Beirut known for its support of the political movement Hezbollah and the Shi'ite Muslim military, according to Reuters.
"I was passing in the street and the explosion went off," a wounded man at a nearby hospital, Kamal Abdel Ali, said, according to Reuters. "I don't know how but I flew and fell to the ground."
Emergency crews could be seen transporting wounded people from the site of the explosion just 100 meters from where another bomb went off earlier this month. The remains of the suicide attacker could be seen as well.
The incident took place on a busy street of restaurants and shops in the Haret Hreik area of the Lebanese capital's largely Shi'ite southern suburbs.
The Lebanese branch of the Nusra Front, a Syrian rebel group with links to al Qaeda posted on their Twitter account that they were the ones responsible for the attack, but the claim has not been verified as of press time.
"Today it is clear that we are living through the latest episode in a series of organized terrorist acts which is targeting the stability and security of the country," caretaker Health Minister Ali Hassan Khalil told Lebanon's Al-Jadeed television.
At least five people were killed during the previous attack, which occurred on Jan. 2, according to Reuters.
Lebanon is still struggling to recover from its own Civil War, that lasted from 1975-1990 and without a fully functioning government.