Singer Madonna and Guy Ritchie's months-long custody battle over their teenage son finally came to an end in New York.
It was confirmed on Wednesday by court spokesperson Lucian Chalfen that the chart-topping artist and film director had successfully reached a settlement, but did not disclose any other details. Madonna's lawyer did not give a comment about the settlement, according to the Associated Press.
Sixteen-year-old Rocco Ritchie's lawyer also refused to give a comment about the settlement. She had previously told a judge that the custody dispute had caused her client stress.
A judge ruled back in March that Rocco should return to the custody of his mother after he left her in the middle of his mother's worldwide concert tour in December to live with Guy in London, which was what caused the custody dispute.
"Most importantly, as I observed during the course of the hearing, summer does not last forever," Justice MacDonald said at the time based on court docs obtained by Entertainment Tonight Online.
He added, "The boy very quickly becomes the man. It would be a very great tragedy for Rocco if any more of the previous and fast receding days of his childhood were to be taken up by this dispute." However, judge Deborah Kaplan encouraged both parties to come to an agreement by themselves.
Guy's attorney provided a statement to ABC from their camp saying, "Guy Ritchie is delighted to have this case behind him. Everybody in the family is happy that an agreement has been reached and Rocco can continue to live with his father in London."
Madonna and Guy split in 2008 after the latter filed for divorce, ending their eight-year union. The singer was previously married to Hollywood actor Sean Penn for four years. She has three children: son Rocco, daughters Lourdes and Mercy James and adopted son David.